Follow on: Follow on Bloglovin Follow Me on Pinterest Instagram
Share to: Share on Tumblr

Latest post

Latest post

Friday 19 April 2013

DIY - Earrings holder


This project was a spur of the moment thing. I usually organize my jewellery in small-ish plastic baskets, or in a container that has smaller divisions . The only problem with these is that I can't immediately see my options when trying to accessorize an outfit. This is why a display of some sort would be my first choice.
Yesterday there was some work done at my house, and I came across some really cute teal kitchen tiles. I immediately thought somehow of earrings holder, so I started to work on it. The materials are extremely easy to get:

- kitchen tiles or other hard material (cardboard)
- glue and a small strip of fabric
- stocking/tights (I had the shorter type below the knee, which is easier to handle)
- I added some sequins for decorations






So here are the steps for it:

1. Clean your tiles, if like mine they had dirt on them :)
2. Cut the fabric so it fits on the edges of your tiles, and glue the fabric to the tile as in the pics before:
 3. After the glue is dried, put the tile into the stocking. I have wrapped mine twice around it as it fit and I thought it would give support for more earrings :). I did the same with the second stocking, and secured it at the back by tying a knot. So in the end I had 4 layers of stocking. It ended up being so thick that the nice colour of the tile didn't show at all :( bummer.

4. After wrapping up the tile, I noticed that the edges looked a bit rough, because I overlaid the strips of fabric to secure them better. So to cover this and make the earrings holder stand out a bit more, I sewed some sequins around the edges. I am very please with the results, I think the sequins added a great doze of bling to it :)



5. The last step is to add a little abrasive strip of fabric on the bottom of it, to make sure that I'll not slip down from the surface your place it on. I secured mine on with velcro.
 And voila! the results are:


Any comments and suggestions welcomed! And I have some ideas for necklace and bracelets display, as I really need a cute one :)


8 comments:

  1. I like the idea and especially the way you explain each step with a picture! Very helpful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! Thanks so much for sharing!

    xo,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for checking it out and the lovely comment! :) x

      Delete
  3. Cute!!
    Now following you!!

    xoxo
    annpaige

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for this, and I hope that you will find many more interesting and cute things here :) x

      Delete
  4. What a neat idea for an earring holder! Thanks for your comment on my jewelry holder. ♥
    ~Maria-Isabel
    agapelovedesigns.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thanks for checking out mine too :) and for commenting x

      Delete

Pen and paper - write your thoughts :)